The following is the list of the fastest cars in the world. These cars are in production.
By production we mean to say the at least 20 of these cars have been produced and the produced cars were faster than or equal to the recorded speed.
The comparison of fastest cars in the world is difficult because there is no standard method in recording these speeds. But Bugati veyron super sports is the fastest car recorded by Guinness book of world records but only 5 of these cars were created hence it is not listed in the below list of the fastest cars in the world.
Fastest cars in the world:
Fastest cars in the world #1: Hennessey Venom GT 260 mph (418 km/h)
0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds, has a 6.2-liter LS9 Turbocharged V8 Twin Turbo V8 Engine producing 1200 hp, with a price tag of $950,000. The Venom GT has yet to be tested and proven, but could hit a top speed of 275 mph. This might just be the Veyron Super Sport’s closest challenger!. This is the fastest car in the world after Guinness book of world record had declared that Bugatti veyron speed were manipulated. Thus pushing down Bugatti veyron to second rank in our list of top 10 fastest cars.
Fastest cars in the world #2: Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
(416.072 kmph/258 mph)
The car which has been designed by the Volkswagen Group. it had first been manufactured and released in Molsheim, France.
The record has been recorded by the Guinness book of world records. For the record there were two recorded it
runs and then the average was taken as the recorded speed. The first run reached a speed of 427.93 km/h (265.90 mph) and the second run reached speeds of 434.20 km/h (269.80 mph) averaging to 431.072 kmph/267 mph. Hence making it the fastest street legal car in the world
- The engine is a: 16-cylinders, 1,200 hp
- The car can acelarate from 0 to 60 mph in : 2.4 seconds
- The car is Priced at : $2.6 million
Fastest cars in the world #2: SSC Ultimate Aero TT
(412 kmph or 256 mph)
This american built car was the fastest in the world before the bugatti took over the record in 2011. The car was released in November 2006. A total of only 24 of these fastest cars in the world were released by the company.
The car drives on a aero based engine but a little modifed for the the Ultimate Aero TT which has a 6.35 litres (388 cu in) engine
- Fastest recorded Speed – 412 kmph or 256 mph
- The Engine is a- chervolet Supercharged V8 , 1,183 bhp @6950 prm
- Max Torque – 1,483 Newton per meter @ 6150 rpm
- Weight: 1247 kg.
Fastest cars in the world #3: Ascari A10
(354 kmph or 220 mph )
The third fastest car in the world is designed and produced by Ascari Cars a British company That has been now taken over by a dutch millionaire. This is the third cars produced by the company.The A10 features a modified 4,941 cc (302 cu in) BMW V8 engine producing 625 bhp (466 kW), delivered via a six-speed sequential manual gearbox, with a regular manual transmission available as an option.
- Fastest recorded Speed – 354 kmph or 220 mph
- The Engine – 32-valve VVT V8
- Weight: 1280 kg
Fastest cars in the world #4: Lamborghini Aventador
(349 kmph or 217 mph )
The car is produced by Lamborghini released in Geneva motor show. The car was released on February 2001. Lamborghini has stated that in 12 months ist has already sold a total of 15 Aventador. Also the production of the fourth fastest car in the world is going to be limited to 4000 cars only.
- Fastest recorded Speed – 349 kmph or 217 mph
- The Engine – 700 PS (510 kW; 690 bhp) 6.5 litre 60° V12 engine
- Max Torque – 690 Newton per meter(510 lb·ft) @ 5,500 rpm
- Weight: 1,575 kg
Fastest cars in the world #5: Lamborghini Murciélago
(336 km/hr or 209 mph)
The car is developed and produced by the italian car maker Lamborghini. The car was released in 2010 with a total of 4999 cars. The car is fitted with Lamborghini largest engine Lamborghini V12 engine. It is the predecessor of Lamborghini aventador.
- Fastest recorded Speed – 336 km/hr or 209 mph
- The Engine – 6,496 cc (6.496 L; 396.4 cu in) V12
- Max Torque – 650 PS (478 kW; 641 hp), 490 lb·ft (660 N·m)
- Weight: 1,575 kg
Fastest cars in the world #6: Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition (337 km/h or 209 mph)
The car is produced by the famous Mercedes under Benz class. Total sales were 615 units in 2005, 261 units in 2006, and 275 units in 2007, falling well below Mercedes-McLaren’s goal of selling 500 units annually.
- Fastest recorded Speed – 337 km/h or 209 mph
- The Engine – 5,439 cc (5.439 L; 331.9 cu in), supercharged, all-aluminium, SOHC, V8 engine
- Torque: 830 N·m (610 lb·ft) at 1.75 bar (175 kPa)
- Weight: 1,300 kg
Fastest cars in the world #7: McLaren MP4-12C
(333 kmph or 207 mph)
The cars in designed and produced by McLaren Automotive. it is the first car that Mclaren has designed by itself since 1998. The car was released in 2009. The car has a special a seven-speed Seamless Shift dual-clutch gearbox.
- Fastest recorded Speed – 333 kmph or 207 mph
- The Engine – 3.8-litre V8, twin-turbo
- Max Torque – 601 Newton per meter @ 2000rpm.
- Weight: 1,301 kg
Fastest cars in the world #8: Porsche 911 GT2 RS
(330 km/hr or 205 mph)
The car is produced by German company Porsche under the Porsche 911 model which the company has designed from 2004 to 2012. it started with Production of the Carrera and Carrera S coupés in early 2004, all-wheel drive Carrera 4 and Carrera 4S versions began shipping in November 2005, and then continuing with Turbo and GT3 derivatives went on sale in late 2006 and the 911 GT2 in 2007.
- Fastest recorded Speed – 330 km/hr or 205 mph
- The Engine – 3,824 cc (3.824 L; 233.4 cu in) flat-6 engine.
- Max Torque – 620 PS (456 kW; 612 hp) @ 6500 rpm, 3.6 L dry-sump.
- Weight: 1395 kg
- Price: $245,000
Fastest cars in the world #9: Ferrari 458 Italia
(325 km/h or 202 mph)
The car was released in Frankfurt, Germany by Ferrari on September 2009. The car was built by Ferrari from the experience gained from Formula 1. The car is described by the company as a successor of the F430 but with completely new technologies incoperated into making it the 9th fastest car in the world.
- Fastest recorded Speed – 325 km/h or 202 mph
- The Engine – 4.5 L (270 cu in) V8 engine
- Max Torque – 540 N·m (398 lb·ft) at 6,000 rpm.
- Weight: 1,485 kg
Fastest cars in the world #10: Nissan GT-R
(311 kmph or 193 mph )
The car was released in japan by nissan on December,2007.The car was released in USA in 2008. The car was produced under the famous nissans skyline range. Although now now it does not carry the tag but the heritage tag is still enjoyed by tenth fastest car in the world.
- Fastest recorded Speed – 311 kmph or 193 mph
- The Engine – VR38DETT engine, a 3,799 cc (3.8 L; 231.8 cu in) DOHC V6
- Max Torque – 612 Newton per meter @ 3200 to 6000rpm.
- Weight: 1,300 kg
Sources and References: